Friday, February 27, 2009

Paper Towns by John Green

When Margo Roth Spiegelman beckons Quentin Jacobsen in the middle of the night-dressed like a ninja and plotting an ingenious campaign of revenge-he follows her. Margo's always planned extravagantly, and, until now, she's always planned solo. After a lifetime of loving Margo from afar, things are finally looking up for Q . . . until day breaks and she has vanished. Always an enigma, Margo has now become a mystery. But there are clues. And they're for Q.

I LOVED THIS BOOK. No lie, it was so incredibly amazing, I almost cried when I realized I was on the last page. The character development in this book is the most astonishing, amazing thing I have read since...well, It's just the best. Although there wasn't much action, the plot was so ingenious you didn't even notice the absence of action. Although Quentin was the main character, Ben ended up being my favorite character. His sense of humour and sarcasm made me laugh through the entire book! Also, the amount of emotion wrapped into this book is phenomenal! There are so many emotions revealed in this book, but it was never overwhelming. I think the reason I liked this book was because I could relate to the theme, the whole finding-yourself-before-you-can-find-someone-else thing. Overall this was one of the best books I have ever read.

My Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Looking For Alaska yet? I heard that it was better than Paper Town :)

    And the icon is sooo cute~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for Alaska is definitly on my TBR list after reading Paper Towns. John Green seems so talented!

    ReplyDelete